This page is for members of any wiki to suggest ways in which we can collaborate. If you are a member of one of the listed wikis maybe you can be a contact person for that wiki.
What we can do for you Edit
- provide users for specific projects
- help set up a social network
- CAN cards
What you can do for us Edit
As well as any of the tasks at the Village Pump.
Requests and proposals Edit
Interwiki Integration Edit
Hi! I found this wiki and then Society Gardens via Drawde83 as sysop of the Programmer's Wiki. I've recently set up a program with a similar purpose but slightly different approach at Wikia:Interwiki Integration, and I wonder if the two could be fused or otherwise collaborate? I eagerly await your response. --Jesdisciple (talk) 03:04, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
To find those articles which link to another wiki (or, under my system, any Wikia wiki), visit the page of the template for that wiki and click What links here on the left or visit Special:WhatLinksHere and enter the page's title. Within a page, use Ctrl+F to find each occurrence of a template.
Please see this page for concerns raised regarding Interwiki Integration. Do you agree with any of them? I want to be involved in a lively discussion of the program so it can be optimized.
I think your layout is a good idea, and the superscript links are neat. Do you see any pros or cons to either a simple link or a superscript, or is it just a matter of preference?
Finally, do you know of anyone else who's particularly interested in II's purpose?
I've edited the organizational structure of Wikia:Interwiki Integration based on your input and (based on another's opinion) added a flowchart for the content links. Any more thoughts you have would be great!
I think the fact that the superscript links indicate where they lead (especially that it is external) by something other than a slightly paler font color is a big plus. The user's education is always a good thing (and in fact that's the aim of all these programs).
As for ICM, I think...
- The additional community will be short-lived.
- Extra content is generally beneficial, but of course you already know that.
- Getting people to edit more will increase society's satisfaction with the wiki process because it isn't anywhere close to its cultural potential yet.
- Enthusiasm, while short-lived, is a powerful force for education. ("There's a wiki about _______?!") A wiki festival is a creative way to pool that enthusiasm. --Jesdisciple (talk) 05:28, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
Wikis we may be able to work with Edit
See - here