The way to make a wiki successful is too make it easy to edit and to write about topics that your users have an interest in. heres some things we could do to improve wikisocial.
- finish community portal
- copy wikipedia sites on Social Networking.
- copy select descriptions from central.
I'm not proposing that we simply duplicate wikipedia or central (because that doesn't really help us) but if we copy those pages then it provides articles that people can edit and link to. It's also an easy task that they can do themselves if we're missing their wiki/Social networking site.--Drawde83 21:19, 18 April 2008 (UTC)
- About points 2 and 3. Do you think we should copy e.g. the wikipedia article on myspace over here, or parts? And copy some of the wiki descriptions on central e.g. Star Wars? Just checking to see if i'm on the same wavelength because those are good ideas, especially if we can bring in people from other wikis to add stuff about their wiki here. Anarchyuk
- yeah you've got it. Ideally we'd end up editing the articles to suit our needs. If we can attract a group of myspace users (just as an example) then we can add a member and news sections and hopefully they'll take over supporting it. The Wikis should be no different. People tend to link directly to their wikis instead of making a link to it here, that makes it difficult to see which are most popular.As a start we could focus on wikis in Wiki membership. I was thinking if we created description pages for Society gardens wikis we could mention it in the news section there. We shouldn't try and copy everything as it gives people something to do if their wiki/site is not listed. --Drawde83 20:42, 19 April 2008 (UTC)
- So if we start on description pages for the (active?) wikis from w:Category:Society_Gardens and see how it goes. Maybe we should discuss what sort of things to include on the descriptions first (so it can become an instructions page in the future?). I've put a few ideas below of what could go on pages
- Logo of the wiki
- Short description
- Links to good content?
- Related/ collaborating wikis
- When we've set up a page on a wiki here then we could go over to the wiki and leave a message for them inviting them to wikisocial